March 12, 2010 by
I have been receiving this question from various people about where they can officially and legally watch IPL matches online. So, I am compiling a list of legal online streams where you can watch the DLF IPL T20 season 3 live online.
Here are three of the top choices for watching IPL 3 live and legally onlline:
1. Youtube: IPL took a revolutionary step by making a deal with Youtube wherein people all around the world can watch IPL 3 free on the world’s most popular streaming website Youtube. But it will be streamed 5 minutes delayed on Youtube in India which sounds quite fair as it is broadcast live on TV in Set Max channel. You can watch all matches of IPL 3 live on the official IPL youtube channel http://www.youtube.com/ipl
2. TV Catchup: TV Cathup is only useful for users in the United Kingdom and does not work in other locations. You can watch various UK channels including ITV4 where IPL season 3 will be broadcast live. You can register and watch IPL on ITV4 if you are in the UK.
3. Willow TV: Willow TV is also a very good cricket streaming website for nearly all big cricketing events. They provide good streaming but the only downside is that they are a paid service.
So, please watch cricket and IPL at official and legal streams and enjoy the cricket extravaganza.
March 12, 2010 by
I have been asked this question repeatedly by many of my website visitors, friends, relatives etc. as to where they can buy the IPL tickets online. So, I am writing a short post about the websites where you can officially purchase DLF IPL T20 Season 3 tickets.
There are three main websites to buy the IPL tickets online:
1. Ticket Genie: Ticket Genie is being used by the official IPL website, the franchisee websites etc. it seems.
2. Book My Show: BookMyShow is also selling IPL 3 tickets online and they are the most popular online booking website in India. So, you can expect the booking and whole system to be quite smooth as they have been in the booking business (especially movie booking) for several years now. In BookMyShow, they are providing both booking of stadium tickets as well as IPL in cinema tickets it seems. They are also selling IPL and teams merchandise on their website.
3. Kyazoonga: I am not sure if normal stadium tickets would be available in Kyazoonga but they selling IPL in cinemas tickets on their website.
So, If you want to watch live in the stadium, you can book the “Sabse Bada Ticket” using the above websites. Aapne Khareeda Kya?
March 12, 2010 by
IPL chairman and commissioner Lalit Modi had promised that the third edition of the Indian Premier League would be bigger and better than the previous seasons and he seems to have left no stone unturned to fulfill his promises. The opening ceremony of IPL 3 will be a huge event and there would be a bunch of international celebrities and Bollywood stars performing in the gala event. Bollywood actress Deepika Padukone will dazzle the spectators at DY Patil Stadium in Navi Mumbai with her scintillating performance. Amongst the performers in the IPL opening ceremony are Deepika, Internation R&B singer Akon, Ali Campbell of the British reggae band UB40, Björn Again and Lionel Ritchie. The performances in the opening ceremony is expected to start with Ali Campbell of the British reggae band UB40 singing the evergreen hit song “Can’t Help Falling In Love” which will be followed by Bjorn Again entertaining the audience Abba’s super hit Dancing Queen. This performance is promised to be spectacular with visual effects too. Then there will be a choreographed light show announcing Bollywood actress Deepika Padukone’s entry. Deepika and the forty dancers on stage with perform a medley of songs including I Gotta Feeling by Black Eyed Peas, Uff Teri Ada from Karthik Calling Karthik and Twist from Love Aaj Kal. This will be followed by performances from Lionel Ritchie and then Akon. The IPL opening ceremony would be grand and Bollywood stars, celebrities, cricketers, corporate biggies, politicians and several other eminent personalities are invited to the opening ceremony. After the opening ceremony, there would also be a post-match party cum fashion show at a posh hotel in Mumbai.
The opening ceremony would be telecast live on Set Max from 6 PM Indian Standard Time.
March 05, 2010 by
The oldest and most popular television network in the United Kingdom, ITV has been awarded TV rights for broadcasting this year’s edition of the Indian Premier League in the UK. The IPL was without a television broadcaster in the UK after collapse of Setanta last year. However, IPL had announced that the matches would be streamed online free on Youtube all over the world. ITV bagged the rights for television broadcasting in UK and they will show 59 of the 60 matches this year on one of their digital channels ITV4.
This will also mean that cricket coverage in the UK will return to free-to-air after a long time as ITV4 can be seen free by almost 80 percent of the UK and around 20 million households in the UK should be able to view the matches. The only match that will not be shown, because of a commitment to show British Touring Car Championship racing from Thruxton, is between Royal Challengers Bangalore and Delhi Daredevils on April 4. It is also a landmark event as live cricket will be shown for the first time since 1970s. The feed will be provided by Sony and will be fronted by presenter Matt Smith and Bollywood actress Mandira Bedi.